Wednesday, January 25, 2012

We are God's children and he does not want his children to worry.

Today my oldest girl stole a piece of candy from my youngest girl (to tease). The youngest chased the oldest down the hall of the church and around the van. When I approached Alathia (youngest) came and screamed that Keyara (oldest) had stolen her candy and would not give it back. She was very upset about this. Me being the mom of course knew that Keyara was just teasing and that I would get the candy back from her. I looked down and my little girl and told her to calm down. "But she stole it and won't give it back!" she said with even more force. I looked at her and told her I would take care of it. She did not look like she believed me very much but got in her seat. Of course I was able to get the candy back from Keyara, but what struck me is that it seemed very much like the way God deals with us. We may stress about things, freak out, worry, and run to God with our troubles, but he sees the big picture. He knows what is going to happen and he is telling us. Don't worry I will take care of it. We sometimes are like a little child saying to God, "but God! You don't know how big my problem is!" He knows how little our problems really are and is telling us not to worry. That is why the scripture says. "Do not worry about what you will eat or drink, or what you will wear...." He will take care of his children.

No comments: